After many months of retirement planning, it’s time to fill out your NYSLRS retirement application. Applying for retirement is easy, especially if you’ve done your research and taken the proper steps to prepare for your retirement in advance.
Preparing for Retirement: Part Six – Filing Your NYSLRS Retirement Application
The Preparing for Retirement 7-part video series discusses the main aspects of retirement planning to help NYSLRS members nearing retirement make good, informed decisions for the future. In Part Six – Filing Your NYSLRS Retirement Application – you’ll learn about the important parts of the form, and how to file your NYSLRS retirement application with the Office of the State Comptroller.
Important Links for Retirement Planning
- NYSLRS Home Page
- NYSLRS Retirement Application (PDF)
- Consultation Site Offices (Locations and Directions)
- Life Changes: How Do I Prepare to Retire?
- Your Retirement Benefits (PDF booklet for ERS Members)
- Your Retirement Benefits (PDF booklet for PFRS Members)
- Find Your NYSLRS Retirement Plan
Where to Find More Retirement Planning Information
If you are close to retirement and have more questions, consider scheduling an appointment to meet with an information representative at one of NYSLRS’ consultation sites in New York State. Even though the Preparing for Retirement video series is almost complete, you can always review previous retirement planning videos like:
- Information is the Key
- Repaying Your NYSLRS Loans
- Getting Your NYSLRS Retirement Estimate
- Start Thinking Outside the Box
- Divorce and Your Pension
The last video will take you through choosing the option of how your pension benefit will be paid to you.