Social Media Use Policy
The opinions and beliefs expressed by users on our social media sites are those of the users and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Office of the State Comptroller (OSC). Comments posted on our social media sites are not considered formal public comment and are not promised or guaranteed to be accurate, current, or complete. OSC assumes no responsibility for and expressly disclaims responsibility for updating our social media sites to keep information current or to ensure the accuracy or completeness of any posted information. Links or advertisements provided on our social media sites may have been placed there by the social media provider and not OSC. Their placement does not constitute an endorsement of the content, viewpoint, accuracy, opinions, policies, products, services, or accessibility of those items.
Terms of Participation
OSC welcomes and encourages you to participate in the discussion on our social media sites. To keep the discussion open and relevant, OSC staff moderates all content on this site submitted by users. OSC reserves the right to delete any content and block or remove any users that violate the Terms of Participation at any time without consent or warning. Participants on OSC social media pages should be aware that any articles and other content posted or submitted for posting on OSC social networking sites are subject to public disclosure. By contributing to this page, you agree not to post any content that contains:
- Comments that do not contribute to the topic of conversation.
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public.
- Comments in support of or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures.
- Content deemed lewd, profane or intentionally misleading.
- Content that promotes or represents violence.
- Sexually explicit content or links to sexually explicit content.
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination or harassment on the basis of an individual’s age, race, creed or religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, sex (including identity or expression), disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, or domestic violence victim status.
- Content considered abusive, bullying, threatening, intimidating, harassing, hazing, coercing and/or other conduct that threatens or endangers the health or safety of any person.
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party or is in violation of personal privacy, copyright or trademark law.
- Solicitations of commerce.
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity.
- Content that advertises products or services, or spam accounts with irrelevant information.
If you have any questions about these Terms of Participation, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have been retired for eight months and my retirement benefits have still not been finalized. I have called repeatedly to no avail. The only answer I get is that it takes time, there does not appear to be a problem with my account and they will send a note to the appropriate department. Still nothing gets done. It does not take eight months and this is well overdue. It is now 2017 and the phone system continues to be horrendous. It a disgrace that retirees are treated so poorly.
We apologize for the trouble you’re having getting through to our Call Center. We’re experiencing a higher than usual call volume.
To contact us, you can email our customer service representatives using our secure email form (see link below), and one of our representatives can review your account to address your questions. Filling out the secure form allows us to safely contact you about your personal account information. Please allow five to seven business days for a response.